Tuesday, August 25, 2009

So... here we are. We are up on the 4th floor in the "telemetry" unit- basically, they can watch her heart and vitals up here. We came up around noon-ish yesterday and got ushered into a room where we were told we would be sharing with a surgery patient. At about 5 pm, the patient came out of surgery and was howling- literally howling! Grace had been ultra fussy all day, and that put her over the meltdown cliff. I had a word with the charge nurse and we were moved into a private room. Thank God! This room is as cold as the arctic, but since I don't have a kid howling, and we're not sharing germs with other kiddos- I'll take it! Grace did well through the night. We're sharing the big bed with her (thanks Andrea!) and she snuggled with Daddy until about 6:30 this morning. We were told that her heart skipped a beat really early, but other than that, she looks great. It seems as though the cath will be delayed for a few weeks, probably sending us home in the next few days, and then bringing us back in a week or two. She is down to .1 for oxygen, and they're hoping to wean her completely before we go home. Woo Hoo! :)

Every day we spend here I become more tired, and less patient. I'm exhausted- emotionally mainly, but just plain tuckered out. Poor Felix, he comes home from work and I make him spend time with Grace- only because I need a break! Poor Felix never gets a break. Food just came in- so I'm off to eat some breakfast- yummy!

Ta Ta for now!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so happy your got a big bed and a private room!! It's not home, but it's better. :) It would be great if you got to go home with no oxygen! It sounds like we'll most likely be back the second week of September for the Gtube for a few days so if Grace has her cath in a couple weeks, we'll run into eachother again. :)

    I hope you get to go home soon. I've begged to go home before.. try it.. it works!! Any news on getting a feeding therapist upstairs to see Grace?